It is that time of the year! A time to be thankful for those things that we accomplished during the past year.
What are you thankful for? Are you more healthy then you were last year? Has you blood pressure lowered since you lost that 20 pounds? Or can you finally move easier and do things you haven’t done in years?
Whatever it is, pat yourself on the back! You deserve it! And remember to be strong during the next 50 days. Don’t take the off ramp into excuse land and continue down the healthy trail! 🙂 Here is another soup recipe!
Low Carb Cheeseburger Soup
Since the original recipe submitted by JOEKNEE had ingredients that were higher in carbs (i.e. fat free HH, carrots, turkey), I tweaked it and brought the carb count down some! Remember to calculate Net Carbs (subtract the fiber count from the total carbs) to get the true # of carbs.
- 1 lb.
- , lean
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup each frozen brocolli, frozen cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 8 oz. schredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain off any fat. Return to a large pot/dutch oven and add onion powder. Brown a little longer to flavor the meat. Add beef broth, basil and frozen veggies. Bring to boil and simmer covered about 20 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add in half and half and then the shredded cheese. Take off heat and stir until cheese is melted. DO NOT return to heat or cheese will separate and not look creamy and pretty. (will still be edible, but clumpy).
- So many vegetable/cheese combinations to use. Have fun!
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 247.1
- Total Fat: 18.4 g
- Cholesterol: 62.8 mg
- Sodium: 434.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 16.1 g