You may not have snow yet but the temperatures are starting to fall all over the country! It’s time to give you some good ideas on some soups! Check these out!
Low Carb Cauliflower Leek Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large head cauliflower, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 cups vegetable broth
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup halfnhalf (optional)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, and garlic for about 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat. Blend the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the half n half, and continue blending until smooth
Original recipe makes 12 servings
Chicken SoupAn authentic and carb friendly chicken soup that’s simple to prepare and full of flavor.
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 16 oz chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 tbsps celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Chop up all ingredients.
- Combine in a pot and simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: if a creamier chicken soup is desired, add 1/2 cup of cream.