I found this article for those of you that need more ideas for low carb snacks! Hope you like it!
It’s important to have access to nutritious low-carb snack food so that if you get hungry between meals you won’t reach for crackers and chips.
Ideally, a low-carb snack should have protein, healthy fat, and some fiber (so the best thing would be to have some raw veggies with your eggs or jerky). Here are some easy snack ideas.
- Celery with peanut butter
- Celery with tuna salad
- Hard boiled eggs
- Deviled eggs
- Dill pickles and cheddar cheese (no kidding, it’s a great combo)
- 1/4 cup berries with 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- Nuts (keep raw ones in the freezer if you think you’ll overeat them)
- Sunflower seeds (get them in the shell so it will take longer to eat them)
- Other seeds (How to Toast Pumpkin or Squash Seeds)
- Low-Carb Trail Mix
- Jerky (beef or turkey — try to find low-sugar varieties)
- Low-carb shakes
- Cheese sticks, such as string cheese
- Sugar-free Jello, alone or with cottage cheese and a sprinkling of nuts
- Make sugar-free lime Jello with part coconut milk — For a large package, dissolve the powder in a cup of boiling water, add a can of coconut milk, and then add the rest of the water. Stir well.
- Pepperoni “chips” — Zap the slices in the microwave
- Cheese with a few apple slices
- 4-ounce plain or sugar-free yogurt with berries and flax seed meal
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices
- Lettuce Roll-ups — Roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and veggies in lettuce leaves
- Lunch Meat Roll-ups — Roll cheese or veggies in lunch meat (read the labels for carbs on the lunch meat)
- Spread bean dip, spinach dip, or other low-carb dip or spread on the lunch meat or lettuce and then roll it up
- Raw veggies and spinach dip, or other low-carb dip
- Pork rinds, with or without dip
- Ricotta cheese with fruit and/or nuts and/or flax seed meal
- Mushrooms with cheese spread inside (or other spreads or dips)
- Low-carb snack bars (watch out for sugar alcohols, especially maltitol)
- Product Review: Atkins Advantage Bars
- Pepperoni Chips — Microwave pepperoni slices until crisp. Great with cheeses and dips
- Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed Crackers
- Parmesan Crisps — Good when you want a crunchy snack.
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls
HERE is a link to even more low carb snack ideas you might enjoy! Have a GREAT weekend!