Circuit training is a form of body conditioning training resistance training and high-intensity aerobics. It is designed to be easy to follow and target strength building as well as muscular endurance. An exercise “circuit” is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program. When one circuit is complete, one begins the first exercise again for another circuit. Traditionally, the time between exercises in circuit training is short, often with rapid movement to the next exercise.
Advantages of circuit training
- An effective means of improving strength endurance (or muscular endurance).
- May be easily structured to provide a whole body workout.
- May not require expensive gym equipment.
- Participants normally work in small groups, allowing beginners to be guided by more experienced individuals, as well as benefiting from the supervision of the instructor.
- Can be adapted for any size workout area.
- Can be customized for specificity; easy to adapt to your sport.
- Has the potential to burn more calories than conventional aerobic exercise or strength training, both during and post-workout (increase in post workout metabolism), thus beneficial for those attempting to lose body fat.
Medi-Weightloss Clinics has just come out with an effective plan that incorporates the Interactive exercise kit called Tone to go! It uses the interactive toner and walking to produce a 30 minute, heart pounding, calorie burning workout! It can be downloaded at http://www.mediweightlossclinics.com and can be found in the shopping cart!