Got in a 2 hour ride on the stationary bike! Worked on some new recipe ideas! And getting my shoulder back up to snuff! Having a hard time sleeping at night dealing with the aching in the arm! Looking forward to volunteering for the big bike race in Wichita this weekend! Going to wear my shirt and talk to hundreds of people! It should be fun! In the mean time, here is another recipe idea for you!
Low Carb Chicken Casserole, Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or use cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbs, dried; basil, thyme, etc.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Wash chicken breasts or tenders; pat dry. Cut into cubes. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook until chicken is browned and just tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add cream and stir to scrape up any browned bits.. Spray a 7×11-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; add grated cauliflower. Sprinkle cauliflower with a little salt and pepper, onion powder, basil and thyme or a combination of herbs, and parsley. Top cauliflower with chicken; drizzle with the cream. Sprinkle cheese over all. Cover and bake for 15 minutes at 325°.
Serves 4 to 6