December can be one of the worse months for weight loss! Christmas cookies, homemade fudge, peanut brittle, egg nog, and on and on. Not only at home but at work as well meaning co-workers and friends share their treats. An occasional indulgence is fine, but you don’t want the holidays to set you back! Here are a few tips that will help you through these times.
1) Work out first thing in the morning. By doing this, you start your internal engine burning calories early in the day AND your exercise is out of the way for the day and you can focus on other things AND the natural endorphins you get from the exercise starts your day off right!
2) Take Omega 3! Fish oil helps to counter the stress of the holiday season!
3) Keep healthy finger snack readily available! Almonds, cheese sticks, celery sticks with peanut butter or Laughing Cow cheese, and apple slices are a much healthier choice over Mom’s homemade fudge!
4) Trust the Turkey! It is the lowest calorie, highest protein you can have! 3 oz of Turkey breast has 117 calories and 26.2 g of protein.
5) Do something fun at family get togethers like build a snowman or tag football. Heck, even play one of those interactive video games that get you moving!
Just have fun! Christmas only happens once a year so take the time to enjoy friends and family! Christmas 2011 will only happen one time in your life! Make it count!