- 1 small package raspberry sugar-free geletin dessert such as Jello brand (~.3 oz)
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter (I used Smart Balance butter sticks)
- Sugar substitute equal to ¼ cup sugar (zero carb sweetener such as liquid sucralose preferred)
- pinch salt
- 6 oz cream cheese cut up into pieces ( I used Weight Watchers brand)
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries
2. Process pecans in a food processor and process to a coarse meal.
3. Add butter, salt, and sweetener and process until smooth
4. Press the pecan mixture into the bottom of a 9X9 square pan
5. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until lightly brown (watch carefully when it gets close)
6. When geletin mixture is cooled to the point where you can comfortably stick your finger into it, add the orange extract and cream cheese and blend. You can use a stick blender, food processor, or regular blender.
7. Add 1 cup of the berries to mixture and pour into pan over the pecan crust.
8. Cool in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, until mixture is thickening but not set. Sprinkle the other half cup of raspberries across the top.
9. Cool until completely set, and cut into squares.
Nutritional Information: Each of nine squares has 2.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2.5 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, and 179 calories. (What I used reduced it to 145 calories and 2 grams carbs)